Oral and Maxillofacial surgery is a specialty that includes the diagnosis and surgical and adjunctive treatment of disease, injuries and defect, including both the function and esthetic aspects of hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region. The surgeons of Piney Point Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery are highly trained in all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Today, the scope of the Oral and Maxillofacial surgery practice continues to expand as a result of the continuing education process responding to the changing needs of the specialty.
What Does an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Do?
- dentoalveolar surgery
- preposthetic surgery
- dental implant surgery
- soft tissue and hard tissue grafting of oral and maxillofacial defects
- diagnosis and treatment of benign pathology, cysts, tumors head and neck oncology
- diagnosis and treatment of congenital craniofacial malformations
- diagnosis and treatment of soft and hard tissue trauma of the oral and maxillofacial region
- diagnosis and treatment of chronic facial pain disorders
- diagnosis and treatment of soft and hard tissue pathology of the oral and maxillofacial regions
- diagnosis and treatment of temporomandibular joint disorders
- cosmetic surgery limited to the head and neck
Houston Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Appointments
The surgeons at Piney Point Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery continue to expanding the scope of the specialty, by continuing to be leaders and innovators of the specialty. Piney Point Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is also committed to surgical excellence and getting best results for our patients, in a cost-effective way for patients throughout the Houston area including: Tangelwood, Memorial, Rice Military, Heights, Mid Town, Downtown, Meyerland, West University, Bellaire, Lamar Terrace, Galleria, Bunker Hill Village, Hunter’s Creek, Briargrove, Sugarland, Stafford, Spring Branch, Katy, and the surrounding communities.